Set out below are the terms & conditions under which Mascom (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “Mascom”) will provide you with access to the products & services information via the Mascom website.
Content (information, communications, images and sounds contained on or available through the Website) is provided by Mascom and related third parties. The contents of the Website are the copyright of Mascom (Pty) Ltd and/or related third parties. All rights reserved. You agree that the material and content contained within or provided by Mascom’s Website is for your own personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes or distributed commercially.Mascom will use its reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website in a fully operating condition. It is not responsible for the results of any defects that exist in the Website.
You should not assume that the Website or its content is error free or that it will be suitable for the particular purposes that you have in mind when using it.
Mascom reserves the right to make subsequent changes to it, and services may be modified, supplemented or withdrawn at any time without notice to users. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided by us in connection with the Website is accurate at the time of its inclusion; however, there may be errors, inaccuracies or omissions in respect of which we exclude all liability. We make no representations or warranties about the information included on our web pages (including links to third parties’ web pages). You shall be solely responsible for any decisions based on the information contained on such web pages.
The content on this Website is intended to appeal to a wide range of audiences and as such not all of the material is suitable for use by children. Parents and guardians are reminded of the importance of supervising young children when using the Internet. Parents and guardians shall be responsible for the actions of any children using this Website.
Various elements of the content, products and services accessible via this website are not provided by us but instead by other companies. Mascom is unable to guarantee that such products and services or any websites accessible via the Website are virus or error free. You should check all emails, attachments and files before downloading them. Mascom or content providers found whilst browsing this Website may provide links to other websites or resources.
We do not accept responsibility for these third party websites or resources and neither have we endorsed their content, products or services merely because they are accessible via the Website. Information provided by Mascom does not constitute legal or professional advice and should not be relied upon without taking independent advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Website or by anyone who may be informed of its contents.
We take reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any information you input or send to us in connection with the Website by using secure services and encryption technology where we deem appropriate, however, we accept no responsibility for any damages that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information. Mascom will not be liable if your use of materials or information from the Website or related third parties’ links results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume any costs relating to the above. Mascom reserves the right to charge for access to certain information on the Website.
Mascom will inform you when a charge will be incurred by you for accessing certain services or information on the Website; such access may be subject to additional terms and conditions. You acknowledge that Mascom has no control over and excludes all liability for any material on the Internet which can be accessed by using the Website. Neither can we be deemed to have endorsed the content.
By submitting any material to us via the Website, via email or otherwise, you do so in the knowledge that Mascom may copy, modify, distribute or create a derivative work from that content in any form. You warrant that the material is fit for publication and agree to indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to the material that you submit. You warrant that you believe Mascom may publish the material you submit and/or make use of it or any concepts described in it in our products or services without liability and you agree not to take action against us in relation to it.
You agree that we shall have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. If you choose or are issued with a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of any registration or security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and account.
You agree to immediately notify Mascom of any unauthorised use or breach of security. We cannot be held liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this term. We reserve the right to disable any user identification code or password. You agree to use the Website only in a lawful manner and further agree not to cause, nor knowingly allow others to cause, any nuisance, annoyance, or inconvenience, whether to Mascom or any of its customers or users of the Website by any means.
Yu also agree not to use the Website to transmit or post any material which is fraudulent, unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material, hateful, sexually, racially or ethnically or otherwise objectionable, defamatory, offensive or obscene or menacing character or which may in our judgement cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience to Mascom, or any other person or which is illegal. The Website is accessed via the World Wide Web. Your use of the World Wide Web is solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations. Mascom has no responsibility for any information or service obtained by you on the World Wide Web.
Mascom does not accept responsibility for any defects that may exist or for any costs, loss of profits, loss of data or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to use or access or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time. Mascom excludes all liability whether in contract, tort (including liability for negligence) or otherwise for the accuracy, suitability, quality or completeness of any information and the value and integrity of goods and services offered by third parties over www.mascom.bw You acknowledge that we have no control over and we exclude all liability for any material on the World Wide Web, which can be accessed by using the Website.
We may suspend or vary the whole or any part of the service offered on Mascom’s Website for any reason, at any time at our sole discretion. Mascom reserves the right to vary the terms of this contract from time to time, such variations becoming effective immediately upon posting of the varied Terms and Conditions on Mascom’s Website. By continuing to use Mascom’s Website and related third parties’ links you will be deemed to accept such variation. If any part of these terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these terms.
The Botswana courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to your use of the Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. These terms are governed by the Laws of Botswana.
The Mascom Khumo Points program is a loyalty program, offered to both Prepaid and Postpaid subscribers, which rewards subscribers for their Mascom usage as per the terms and conditions set forward. Subscribers that wish to participate in the Khumo Points program should register for the programme by dialling the short code *157# and following the text prompts. Only subscribers registered for the program in such manner are qualified to earn and rebate points through the Khumo loyalty program.Mascom reserves the right to ask subscribers to confirm such Khumo Points program registration from time to time. Failure to do so may result in Khumo Points balance loss, in part or in whole, leading to the removal of such subscribers from the Khumo loyalty program.
Accumulation of Points
Prepaid subscribers earn points every time they recharge. Each P1 recharged gives the subscriber 1 point. Bonus airtime, Nzamele, Freebies, ETU, data packages and negative balances do not generate or accumulate points.
Postpaid subscribers earn points on every voice usage amount billed to their account. Each P1 used on voice calls gives the subscriber 1 point. Monthly rentals do not accumulate points.
For Corporate and Business accounts Khumo Points will be allotted to the individual subscribers and not to the Corporate or Business account itself. For both Prepaid and Postpaid subscribers Khumo Points will expire after eighteen (18) months of being earned. Unredeemed points will be forfeited
Prepaid subscribers are required to maintain their prepaid account under an active state in order to be considered eligible for the Khumo Points program. Failure to do so may result in Khumo Points balance loss, in part or in whole, leading to the removal of such subscribers from the Khumo loyalty program. Barred, Deactivated and Expired Prepaid subscribers will forfeit all their points.
Postpaid subscribers are required to maintain a sound payment track record in order to be considered eligible for the Khumo Points program. Failure to do so may result in Khumo Points balance loss, in part or in whole, leading to the removal of such subscribers from the Khumo loyalty program. Postpaid subscribers whose services are barred for non-payment also forfeit all their points
Accumulated points can be determined by calling *157# and following the text prompts. Points are not transferable when migrating from Prepaid to Postpaid, or from Postpaid to Prepaid. Points cannot be transferred or combined between lines, accounts or SIM Cards, and can only be used to rebate from the current available catalogue. Points are forfeited when terminating a contract. Subscribers will not be allowed to rebate points after, or when terminating their contract.
For both Prepaid and Postpaid subscribers, Khumo Points to be redeemed must be within the eighteen (18) months validity period starting from the time they were earned. Prepaid subscribers must provide their identification document (Omang for citizens of Botswana, and passport for expatriates) when redeeming prizes. Airtime can be redeemed by calling *157#. The subscriber must ensure that your phone is secure at all times to prevent any unauthorised Khumo Points redemption. Mascom will not be held responsible for any unauthorised transactions.
Corporate and Business Postpaid subscribers must provide a written request using the company’s letterhead, and signed by a representative with legal authority. The letter must indicate the mobile numbers redeeming prizes, and the person collecting the prizes must provide their ID. Individual Postpaid subscribers must provide their identification document (Omang for citizens of Botswana, and passport for expatriates) when redeeming prizes.
Each line (number) redeems its own points. Points from different lines cannot be combined.
Only Prepaid subscribers in an active state will be allowed to redeem Khumo Points, therefore where a subscriber’s account has been barred or has expired or has a negative balance, the subscriber will not be allowed to redeem or accumulate points.
Postpaid subscribers must be active (not temporary, nor permanently deactivated), and all account payments must be up to date to redeem and accumulate Khumo Points. Points earned on Postpaid for a specific month will not be accessible until the specific invoice under which they were earned is fully paid.
Redemptions are only allowed with active SIMCards and accounts, and without any irregular issues, such as outstanding debts to Mascom. Subscribers can make one redemption in a 30 day period, with the exception of airtime redemptions. Multiple redemptions will not be allowed within a 30 day period. Subscribers can redeem only one handset in a period of 12 months.
The requirements for redemption are according to the current catalogue at any given time. All prizes shall be subject to availability of stock thereof. In the event that a particular prize is out of stock, it shall be replaced at Mascom’s sole discretion, which shall be final, with another prize of similar value.
Should a particular prize prove to be defective, Mascom shall accept no liability whatsoever in connection therewith. If the product has a malfunction or imperfection, the subscriber has 5 days after package delivery to return it. In this case Mascom should provide a substitution product to the subscriber. In the event that direct replacement is not possible, (whether because the particular prize is out of stock or for any other reason whatsoever), the prize shall be replaced at Mascom’s sole discretion, which shall be final, with another prize of a similar value.
If the malfunction of the handset is due to the subscriber’s negligence, Mascom has the right to refuse the return of the product and to send it back to the subscriber. The package and documentation (any receipts and/or invoices) should be returned to the service centre where the subscriber made the redemption (only for handsets).
Each catalogue is valid until the following update. MASCOM WIRELESS has the right, during the active time of the catalogue, to change or replace any item or commercial conditions. Mascom accepts no liability, whether direct or indirect or consequential in respect of, or arising from, the use by any subscriber or any third party of any of the prizes given under the program.
Mascom hereby reserves all rights at any time to terminate, cancel, suspend and or modify the loyalty program or the terms of the loyalty programme. In any of these events notice will be given via media advertisements or letters or messages to subscribers and will be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
These terms and conditions shall operate in addition to and without derogation of the general terms and conditions applicable to Postpaid and Prepaid subscribers. For any enquiries regarding the Khumo Program, subscribers can call 111, or 129 (for Postpaid subscribers), for free 24 hours-a-day service within the Mascom network. These helpline services are not available when subscribers are roaming.
Please read the terms and conditions to enable you to understand the scope of the warranty attached to the product. A careful reading of the terms and conditions will help you to maintain the product and enjoy the benefits of the warranty during its warranted period:
- Mascom will accept the exchange or return of its products, malfunctioning and unused within the maximum period of 7 DAYS from the date of purchase provided they are in the original packaging and proof of purchase is provided.
- Unused products should be returned with the seal intact.
- Items sold with promotional gifts must be returned together with the gift.
- The amounts paid for the items shall be refunded using the Mascom Customer Returns Procedure.
- All returned purchases will be inspected before any refund or exchange is granted as per Mascom’s Returns Policy.
- Cell phones and accessories are covered by separate warranties. Please refer to manufacturers warranties as additional terms and conditions may apply
- Expired goods will not be accepted.
One Year Warranty
This warranty is a “One Year Warranty” on the device purchased from Mascom. This warranty entitles the buyer for repair or replacement subject to the fulfilment of the terms and conditions (stated below) for a term of twelve months from the date of purchase. Mascom’s obligations are limited to the manufacturing defects (as per manufacturers guidelines).
During the first twelve months from the date of purchase, Mascom undertakes to repair the device.
- Warranty is valid only with a fully completed warranty control form and proof of purchase consisting of a one-year invoice indicating the date of purchase.
- In case of any manufacturing defects that cannot be fixed Mascom will replace the device/ handset.
- Warranty does not cover the following:
- – Accessories of the product (keypad, express-on covers, headset, charger, battery, memory card or any other similar items).
- – Data of all types stored in the product (see disclaimer below).
- – Upgrading of the software due to change in Network parameter.
- – Any failure of the product due to accident, software or hardware modifications or adjustments, acts of God or damage resulting from precipitation, humidity and all types of liquids or climatic conditions.
- Warranty becomes void if any one of the following is substantiated:
- – If the product failure has been caused by use of accessories or other peripherals, which are not recommended by the product manufacturer.
- – If the device is previously repaired at any place other than Mascom or its authorized Service Centre.
- – If there are signs of the device being tampered or open-end at any place other than Mascom or its authorised Service Centre.
- – There are signs of drop damage (visible as well as non-visible), dent mark, scratches, broken or detached parts/spares and tampering with any of the seals on the product.
- – There are signs of misuse, including but not limited to use in other than the normal manner, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction for the use and maintenance of the product.
- – Damage caused by overcharging, electrical failure or failure to use (the product) in accordance with the specific instructions, usage, care, safety and maintenance of the product.
- – If the model, serial No/IMEI number on warranty control form and handset is illegible, altered, deleted or removed.
- – Change of MSN/IMEI number of the handset electronically.
- – If the Warranty seal has been tampered with.
- – If there are any unauthorised modifications carried out on the product.
- Repair or Replacement under the terms of this warranty does not give the right for extension or to start a new period of warranty. The one-year period of warranty will be calculated from the date of purchase.
- Alternative Remedy for device (product) under Warranty: In the unlikely event of the product not being repairable or replaceable, Mascom reserves its right to provide the customer with another model of equivalent cost based on the last prevailing price of the phone, after depreciating 20% for each year or part thereof. This warranty will be the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy and neither Mascom nor its’ dealers shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of implied warranty of this product.
- Mascom will supply the customer with a loan device during the repair time. The type of loan device supplied is subjected to availability, warrantee period of the device purchased and at the discretion of Mascom. The loan device will be of lesser value and functionality of the original device purchased.
- Insurance: Mascom device whether purchased cash or supplied under a contract has no insurance coverage.
Mascom is not responsible for any sort of data (Contacts, Ringtones, Images, Games, Software etc) loss, which may occur at any stage of servicing of the handset. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to keep appropriate backup for the same. Mascom will provide the client with basic loan phone handset during the period of repair.
Mascom Bonus Data
Terms and Conditions
- The Bonus Data is only available for use when MyAirtime Manager is turned OFF (deactivated).
- Subscribers can check their balances through MyMascomDIY (https://mymascomdiy.mascom.bw or App).
- Subscribers can deactivate MyAirtime Manager through *123# or *153#.
- Deactivation of MyAirtime Manager allows the devices to access the latest software updates which allows bug fixing and device performance.
- Once the Bonus Data has been depleted, continued data usage will be debited from available data bundle (s) or airtime balance.
- To reduce high bandwidth consumption and depletion of bonus data, subscribers are advised to turn off other background applications which are active on their devices and also turn off data Auto-sync.
- Bonus Data should be used for the period in which the bundle is intended for. Unused data will be forfeited.
- If a customer number is deactivated from the network, any existing bundles will be forfeited.
- If the subscriber migrates from prepaid to a contract package while a bonus data balance exists in their prepaid data account, the remainder of the Bonus Data will be forfeited.
- Data transfer rates are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability.
- Bundles and tariffs only apply to standard APNs (internet.mascom).
- Bundles and tariffs do not apply to data roaming.
- The bundles may not be used for commercial purposes. Any use of this offer outside of what is considered reasonable for private, non- commercial use, and in instances through mechanisms and means not intended for personal use or the anticipated purpose of the offer, will be considered as abuse.
Terms and Conditions of the Promotion
- To enter the promotion, a Mascom Airtime reseller (Hawker) must successfully meet their weekly ETU airtime sale’ targets. The Hawkers that successfully meet their Airtime sales targets automatically enter into the draw for the weekly and monthly draws.
- A draw for the winners will take place on a weekly basis, the place of the draw is indicated as Mascom head Office, Main Mall, Gaborone and the related draws will be held every Wednesday of the week at 11000hrs.
- Prizes are not transferable, Winners below the age of 18 years require the presence of parents or legal guardians to claim their prizes.
- Directors, members, partners, employees or agents of or consultants to Mascom, or their advertising or sponsorship agencies, or spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates of such persons or entities are not eligible to enter the competition and cannot win prizes.
- The competition period will run from 00h01 on 1st August 2020 and will end at 31st October 2020 at 2359hrs (“the Competition Period”).
- Entry to the competition is automatic when meeting the set sales targets. All the entries will be entered into the draw for the respective period prizes.
- By reselling any Mascom airtime (and thereby receiving entry into the Competition draw), participants agree to receive promotional communications from Mascom.
- Winners will be contacted by Mascom, which may include notification via SMS.
- The judges’ decision is final – no written/verbal communication will be entered into.
- By accepting a prize, you agree that Mascom will be entitled to publish your name and photographs at no cost, in any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material for a period of 12 (twelve) months from the end of the competition period. Prior to awarding the prize, Mascom may require the winner to sign such authorization.
- Mascom will not share or sell personal information with/to any third parties.
- All entrants are required to agree that any participation in this competition is subject to these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by Mascom in their sole discretion, and that their decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding.
- All information relating to this competition published on any promotional or advertising material in any media at any time before or during the competition period will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.