|wdt_ID||Location||Retail (BWP, incl VAT)|
|7||Calls to SADC||P12.21|
|Location||Retail (BWP, incl VAT)|
International roaming is a service that allows your mobile phone experience to remain the same whilst away from home. From receiving and making calls to your family & friends, to sealing that deal whilst in another country roaming is a great service to use if used right. The experience should not leave you broke if you follow these simple and handy tips.
Roam for less with MTN networks!
Roam with MTN networks and get the best rates. Mascom subscribers get to enjoy great rates and accessibility to recharging their airtime whilst outside Botswana.
Dial +267109 for Mascom Top Up VISA direct debit service.
|APPLICABLE ON MTN South Africa, MTN Uganda, MTN Rwanda, MTN Swaziland and MTN Zambia|
|Retail (BWP, incl. VAT)|
|Calls to SADC||P12.21|
How to keep data charges low when roaming cross border.
If you want to place calls but not use data or receive emails:
By default, the setting for international data roaming will typically be in the “OFF” position. Check the settings on your particular device before traveling cross border. Turning data roaming “OFF” blocks email, browsing, WhatsApp, BBM and downloads, but it will not block text messages. International roaming rates apply when you send SMS.
- – Tip for iPhone Users: Tap on: Settings>General>Network> Data Roaming (toggle to “OFF”).
- – Tip for Android Users: Tap on: Settings>More networks>Mobile networks>Data roaming (uncheck it).
- – Tip for Windows Phone Users: Tap on: Settings>cellular> Data roaming options (select “don’t roam”).
- – Tip for Blackberry Users: Tap on: Settings>Mobile Network> While Roaming (select “Off”)
Failing to Roam?
Roaming is a pretty seamless experience when everything’s working. Once its set up, you just need to turn your phone on and you should be up and running. If you find it’s not working for you though, here are some things to check.
Not getting coverage across border?
Switch your phone off and then back on
It’s amazing how often this works. This resets your phone, and forces it to search for a roaming network to connect to.
Have you set up Mascom Roaming?
Check if you’re setup for Mascom International roaming before leaving, Dial 111 for Prepaid & 129 for Postpaid.
Is flight mode on?
If you put your phone on flight mode during a flight, check that you’ve switched it off once you land.
Is roaming available where you are visiting?
We’ve got you covered in a huge number of countries, but it’s not available everywhere. Availability can also differ between prepaid and postpaid.
Is your phone set to automatically select a network?
Automatic network selection helps your phone find and connect to roaming networks as you move about. Ensure you’re familiar with your handset settings in case you need to put the network selection on manual.
- – Tip for Android Users: Tap on: Settings> Connections>More networks> Mobile networks>Network operators> Search or set to automatic
Can’t make/receive calls OR Can’t send/receive SMS
- – Check that you’re entering the number correctly – For outgoing calls, including back home to Botswana enter the country code before dialing i.e. +267 71xxxxx. If dialing from your phone’s contact list, ensure the number has a country code prefixed to it. Some visited country numbers may be dialed as is. i.e. 083xxxxxx.
- – If still failing report to Mascom Call Centre @ +26771272432 for Prepaid and +26771272409 for Postpaid issues.
Can’t use data
- – Check that Data while roaming is on (it’s off by default for most phones)
- – Note that social media like WhatsApp & FaceBook will incur data roaming charges!
International Roaming Countries
|8||Czech Republic||EuroTel Praha||No||No||Yes|
|9||Democratic Rep. Of Congo||Celtel||No||No||Yes|
|10||Democratic Rep. Of Congo||Vodacom||No||No||Yes|
How to use Roaming
Activate roaming while in Botswana through MyMascomDIY, *123# or call the Mascom call centre at 111 for Prepaid. Postpaid customers call 129 to activate roaming.
Roaming allows Mascom subscribers to access the internet, retrieve Voice Mail messages, SMS’ and make and receive calls while outside Botswana.
Rates vary from country to country. Call +267 74693500 for assistance while roaming. All prices are VAT Inclusive.
How to use Roaming
Activate roaming while in Botswana through MyMascomDIY, *123# or call the Mascom Call Centre at 111 for Prepaid. Postpaid customers call 129 to activate roaming.
|Prepaid & Data roaming services are not available on Vodacom.|
|Prepaid roaming services are unavailable on Airtel.|
|Prepaid roaming services are currently unavailable for Africell & Airtel.|
|Prepaid & Data roaming services are currently unavailable for TNM.|
|Prepaid roaming services are currently unavailable for TN Mobile.|
|Data roaming services are currently unavailable for Vodacom.|
|Prepaid roaming services are unavailable on Emtel.|
|Prepaid roaming services are currently unavailable for Airtel.|
|Data roaming services are currently unavailable for NetOne.|
|Prepaid roaming services are unavailable on SMART & Telecel.|