- Products & Services
BlackBerry® on Mascom Prepaid
Mascom Prepaid Plans
- Mascom Shops
We ensure that our service remains accessible to you wherever you are.
Events range from goodwill and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
PMR Africa Awards.
MASCOM HEAD OFICE
Tsholetsa House Plot 4705/6
Botswana Road Main Mall
Private Bag Bo298, Bontleng Gaborone
TELEPHONE : +267 390 3396 / 390 3398
FACSIMILE : +267 390 3445 / 390 3415
Terms and Conditions
Handset and Devices
Please read the terms and conditions to enable you to understand the scope of the warranty attached to the product. A careful reading of the terms and conditions will help you to maintain the product and enjoy the benefits of the warranty during its warranted period:
- Mascom will accept the exchange or return of its products, malfunctioning and unused within the maximum period of 7 DAYS from the date of purchase provided they are in the original packaging and proof of purchase is provided.
- Unused products should be returned with the seal intact.
- Items sold with promotional gifts must be returned together with the gift.
- The amounts paid for the items shall be refunded using the Mascom Customer Returns Procedure.
- All returned purchases will be inspected before any refund or exchange is granted as per Mascom’s Returns Policy.
- Cell phones and accessories are covered by separate warranties. Please refer to manufacturers warranties as additional terms and conditions may apply
- Expired goods will not be accepted.
One Year Warranty
This warranty is a "One Year Warranty" on the device purchased from Mascom. This warranty entitles the buyer for repair or replacement subject to the fulfilment of the terms and conditions (stated below) for a term of twelve months from the date of purchase. Mascom's obligations are limited to the manufacturing defects (as per manufacturers guidelines).
During the first twelve months from the date of purchase, Mascom undertakes to repair the device.
- Warranty is valid only with a fully completed warranty control form and proof of purchase consisting of a one-year invoice indicating the date of purchase.
- In case of any manufacturing defects that cannot be fixed Mascom will replace the device/ handset.
- Warranty does not cover the following:
- Accessories of the product (keypad, express-on covers, headset, charger, battery, memory card or any other similar items).
- Data of all types stored in the product (see disclaimer below).
- Upgrading of the software due to change in Network parameter.
- Any failure of the product due to accident, software or hardware modifications or adjustments, acts of God or damage resulting from precipitation, humidity and all types of liquids or climatic conditions.
- Warranty becomes void if any one of the following is substantiated:
- If the product failure has been caused by use of accessories or other peripherals, which are not recommended by the product manufacturer.
- If the device is previously repaired at any place other than Mascom or its authorized Service Centre.
- If there are signs of the device being tampered or open-end at any place other than Mascom or its authorised Service Centre.
- There are signs of drop damage (visible as well as non-visible), dent mark, scratches, broken or detached parts/spares and tampering with any of the seals on the product.
- There are signs of misuse, including but not limited to use in other than the normal manner, in accordance with the manufacturer's instruction for the use and maintenance of the product.
- Damage caused by overcharging, electrical failure or failure to use (the product) in accordance with the specific instructions, usage, care, safety and maintenance of the product.
- If the model, serial No/IMEI number on warranty control form and handset is illegible, altered, deleted or removed.
- Change of MSN/IMEI number of the handset electronically.
- If the Warranty seal has been tampered with.
- If there are any unauthorised modifications carried out on the product.
- Repair or Replacement under the terms of this warranty does not give the right for extension or to start a new period of warranty. The one-year period of warranty will be calculated from the date of purchase.
- Alternative Remedy for device (product) under Warranty: In the unlikely event of the product not being repairable or replaceable, Mascom reserves its right to provide the customer with another model of equivalent cost based on the last prevailing price of the phone, after depreciating 20% for each year or part thereof. This warranty will be the purchaser's sole and exclusive remedy and neither Mascom nor its' dealers shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of implied warranty of this product.
- Mascom will supply the customer with a loan device during the repair time. The type of loan device supplied is subjected to availability, warrantee period of the device purchased and at the discretion of Mascom. The loan device will be of lesser value and functionality of the original device purchased.
- Insurance: Mascom device whether purchased cash or supplied under a contract has no insurance coverage.
Mascom is not responsible for any sort of data (Contacts, Ringtones, Images, Games, Software etc) loss, which may occur at any stage of servicing of the handset. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to keep appropriate backup for the same. Mascom will provide the client with basic loan phone handset during the period of repair.
© 1998 - 2017 Home